This body shall be known as the Philadelphia Area Medical Instrumentation Association (PAMIA).
The purpose of PAMIA is to provide a forum for people involved in the field of medical instrumentation technology to exchange ideas and technical information; to further provide a means of communication regarding new instrumentation, techniques, standards, government regulations, and other ares of mutual concern; to support and encourage continuing education; to promote and sponsor service training at a local level; and to encourage others to enter the field of biomedical technology.
1. Full Membership shall be open to all individuals who agree with the purpose of PAMIA and who are employed in the field of biomedical technology in the health care industry, service organizations, and medical device industry. Only full members may hold office.
2. Associate Membership shall be open to all students and others who agree with the purpose of PAMIA.
3. An Institutional Membership will enable cost savings for multiple memberships from one institution. Individual Membership status will be determined as defined above. Institutional Memberships for corporate / commercial organizations shall be allowed unlimited membership but shall be limited to two (2) voting members.
Dues shall be on a calender year basis at a rate determined at the Annual Meeting.
Each Full Member in good standing shall be entitled to one vote exercised in person.
1. Regular meetings will normally be held the second Monday of each month. The content of meetings shall be set by the Executive Committee with approval of the membership.
2. An annual meeting shall be the December regular meeting to hear an annual report and elect officers.
3. Special meetings may be called by the Executive Committee or by vote of the membership at a regular meeting.
4. Notices of all meetings shall be given at least 14 days before the meeting.
5. A quorum of the general membership shall consist of Full Members present at any meeting.
1. The Executive Committee shall consist of the President, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer and three (3) Members At Large. The committee shall conduct PAMIA business between meetings and plan meeting agendas in consultation with the Program Committee, and promotional activities with the Promotion Committee.
2. The Program Committee shall consist of members interested in planning special programs to be held at regular and special meetings.
3. The Promotion Committee shall consist of members interested in planning and implementing promotional activities on behalf of PAMIA, both internal and external to the organization.
4. Other committees may be established by executive action subject to membership approval.
Officers shall be nominated for each office by the membership at the October Meeting. Election of each officer shall be by written ballot received by the Secretary prior to or at the December Annual Meeting. Election shall be by plurality vote.
1. President - The President shall preside at all meetings of the membership and of the Executive Committee; shall see that all resolutions are carried out; and shall be the public spokesperson for PAMIA.
2. Vice-President - The Vice-President shall perform the duties and powers of the President in the President's absence; and shall be the Society for Biomedical Equipment Technicians Board of Directors Representative for PAMIA.
3. Secretary - The Secretary shall keep the membership roll of PAMIA; shall maintain records of all proceedings of all membership and Executive Committee meetings; and shall notify all members in writing of each meeting; shall be an additional Society for Biomedical Equipment Technicians Board of Directors Representative for PAMIA.
4. Treasurer - The Treasurer shall be responsible for the receipt and disbursement of all funds and keep records thereof. All funds disbursed shall be authorized by the Executive Committee or membership. The President and Treasurer must cosign all checks for disbursement. Shall be an additional Society for Biomedical Equipment Technicians Board of Directors Representative for PAMIA.
5. Member At Large - There shall be three (3) At-Large members on the Executive Committee who will provide additional input from the membership to the Executive Committee and provide assistance in implementation of PAMIA programs. Each Member At Large will be a voting member of the Executive Committee without regard to his or her normal PAMIA voting status.
Amendments to these bylaws shall be instituted by a two-thirds majority vote of the membership at a regular meeting. Notice of action to amend these bylaws shall be included in two consecutive meeting notifications prior to the vote.
All procedural matters not expressly covered in these bylaws will reference the current edition of Robert's Rules of Orders.
Return to the "About PAMIA" Page
© Philadelphia Area Medical Instrumentation Association
This page was published on January 9, 2005